My mom just called to convince me this post needed a photo, so I had to oblige by eating a piece of cake in the middle of the afternoon. It was really difficult, but I care about this blog. :)
If you're looking for a decadent, rich, and wheat-free dessert to impress non-dessert eaters and sweet-teeth alike, look no further!
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used 2 squares of chocolate and 2 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips, because that's what I had)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch round cake pan, and dust with cocoa powder.
- In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Slices can also be reheated for 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave before serving.