Friday, March 27, 2009

Roasted Chickpeas with Garlic Salt

All I can say is these are delicious and if you need an alternative to an unhealthy snack food, these are the ticket.



You need:
2 cups of cooked chickpeas
2 tbs olive oil or cooking oil
2-3 tbs of garlic salt (to taste)
Fresh ground pepper, to taste

1. Preheat your oven to 300F

2. Arrange chickpeas in a single layer in one or two rimmed baking sheets

3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt, then toss to coat evenly. Taste a chickpea (yum!) and see if it's garlicky enough for your liking. If you're replacing a bad snack food and don't care about your salt-intake, add lots. Yum yum.

4. Roast for about 60 minutes, then broil for another 10, but watch them. When they get brown and toasty, take them out and let them cool. They should be dry and crunchy when cooled. If they aren't, stick 'em back in.

These are nothing but delicious, but you will have terrible breath after, so be forewarned!

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

1 comment:

  1. Hey I'm new to your blog, and I have gone through everything you have such talent! I'm excited to try so many of your recipes, my husband and sons send their thanks to you already! This recipe, oh dear, I CANNOT wait to try, this is right up my ally! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete